"....try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer."

Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Post Script

I am going to have to admit, I got a little bit wrong yesterday.  There is no denying that a good night's sleep helps.

I got one last night.

It did.

I'm humbled.

So I'm changing my metaphor:  If sleep knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care, then fatigue is the whole damn suit on the floor.  It will take more than mending just a sleeve to put it back together... but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment